SPORTSMAN (11.00 TO 19.99)
1. Computer: Prohibited unless stock OEM equipment. See general regulations 9:1.
2. Data Recorders: Prohibited. See general regulations 9:2 & 9:2A.
3. Delay Boxes: Prohibited.
4. Transbrake: Prohibited.
5. Line Lock: four-wheel line lock prohibited. Two-wheel line lock permitted on non-drive wheels
6. Automated shifter: Prohibited unless stock OEM equipped.
7. Throttle Control: Throttle must be manually operated by the driver’s foot. Electronics,
pneumatics, hydraulics or any other device may affect the throttle operation. A deadstop under the carburetor
or gas pedal is permitted. Throttle timers, counters prohibited.
Ignitions: Stutter boxes prohibited. Single stage rev limiters permitted. Rev limiters
or any other RPM limiting devices, legal unto themselves but altered or installed in so as to function s a down-track RPM
controller device prohibited. Crank trigger system prohibited, unless OEM distributor-less ignition.
9. Switches and buttons: All switches and/or buttons must be standard mechanical connection type.
Infrared lasers, retinal scan, fingerprints, and light sources or any other non-mechanical type switch and/or button
10. Tow vehicles: Prohibited.
11. Exhaust: Muffler(s)
required. (ABQ Dragway will not enforce this rule, but this could be a requirement when attending races
at other tracks. especially a NHRA managed race)
.5 full Tree (courtesy staging)
13. Vehicle is to have current registration and insurance. (ABQ
Dragway will not enforce this rule, but this could be a requirement when attending races at other tracks. especially
a NHRA managed race)
14. Please refer to the NHRA rules and regulations for the proper protective
clothing required for the speed in which you will be running. This also includes general rules and regulations
applied to your vehicle. NO EXCEPTIONS.